EU Food Fraud Report 2016
European Commission has published its 2016 annual report on food fraud.
172 cases of food fraud have been documented, including 161 about human food and 11 about feed.
The majority of fraud concerns:
– Labeling errors on composition (42 cases)
– Substitution of an ingredient (11 cases)
– Addition of undeclared substance (9 cases)
The products most affected by food fraud are:
– Meat and meat products (28 cases)
– Fish and fish products (22 cases)
– Oils and fats (20 cases)
We invite you to consult full report via link below:
Phytocontrol brings you its expertise in research of allergens, nutritional analysis according to INCO regulations, or authentication of animal or plant species.
We invite you to contact your regional agency for more details.